A simple candle center piece can add that special finishing touch to a table setting. Enhance your wedding décor by selecting colors and fragrances to suit your wedding theme. Whatever candles you choose they are sure to add that special glow and ambiance to your reception venue.
Center pieces do not need to be extravagant to make a statement, but there are a few tips that can make your choice much easier.
1. Choose a centerpiece that will not take up too much room on the table. Sounds obvious, but you don’t want to take up too much room on the table.
2. Don’t pick a height that will block your guest’s view of each other or hinder conversation. Also consider the size of the venue when deciding on the size of your table centers. If the ceilings of the venue are quite low a very high table center will make it feel claustrophobic. Choose either something that is very high if the room has high ceilings or low if not.
3. If you are using scented candles stick to one fragrance or make sure fragrances are compatible. You don’t want to overwhelm your guests.
4. Soy candles are the better choice because they do not produce smoke or soot. Unscented may be the better option if you are celebrating in a more intimate setting.
5. Floating candles in a bowl is another option for a low centerpiece. The water is the bowl can be either colored to match or contrast the candle color.
6. If you are using container candles, cluster similar designs in different sizes together for an interesting affect.
7. Surround your glassware with a garland of flowers or a beaded spray.
8. If you choose a cluster of candles, the wax color can be shades of the same eg. Pale pink, pink, dark pink, red etc
9. Choose a setting that is in proportion to the size of the table and the number of guests. A very high centerpiece is suited to venues such as Rupertswood Mansion, which has a very high ceiling.
10. Cluster of 4 similar jars. Cluster of 9 similar jars separated by flowers
11. Spiral with different sizes of the same jar.
12. Use a mirror to reflect the color and light from the candle jars.
13. If you are using a cluster, use them as a table center and then give them to your guests as their wedding favor.
14. One of the most important issues to consider is the décor of your reception venue. Make sure you take the time to consider your options.
15. White is easy to match, but most venues use bold colors such as royal blue or dark red for carpets and drapes. Take the time to visit the venue and think through your color scheme.
White candles are your obvious choice with the flowers matching your theme, but if you want to be daring group your guests according to a flower type. Select the shade and flower for each table. Suggestion: Have your candles either unscented or choose a single fragrance even if you are changing the colors. This is easy with soy because the wax can be blended to any number of shades. Arrange your guests seating by a flower selection. For example:
You get the idea, and keep them in shades of the same color. Your florist can help you with which flowers are in season.
16. Bridal Table Decorations: A longer centerpiece with two smaller either side work well. Don’t make them too high, the guests would like to be able to see the bride and groom.
17. There are a number of advantages to choosing soy candles for your wedding. No smoke or soot. Containers can be customized. Wax color can be matched to your wedding theme.
Fragrances (in most cases) can be matched to your wedding flowers. Long lasting, so even the smallest candles will see the night through. They are environmentally friendly with the wax being biodegradable.
Whatever you choose soy wax candles are a great alternative to flowers or other candle types.