The menstrual cycle is the most crucial part of a woman’s reproductive years. There are many women who dread this particular time of the month as they can face a lot of discomfort. However, the good news is that there are ways to make your period more comfortable and less depressing. All you need to do is be aware of these helpful tips and try to implement them during the days of your monthly cycle. They can ensure that you have a more comfortable period:
– You should keep track of the tentative dates when you are about to face your period. There are many women who suddenly sink into depression the moment their period starts. There are many women who allow their periods to overtake their lives as they wait miserably for the ordeal to end. Being prepared removes this mental block and depression towards facing periods. You should be aware of your dates as this will help you face your periods better and not allow you to be unpleasantly surprised when it comes.
– On your period days, you should stick to comfortable and loose fitting clothes. You should avoid tight fitting clothes and underwear, as they will make you more uncomfortable. You should wear pure cotton underwear as cotton is a natural fabric and will help you feel comfortable.
– During the menstrual cycle, women tend to get tired and can feel lethargic. A short nap is usually enough to take to make you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. If a woman does not have the time for naps, just taking a break or lying down for 10-15 minutes will help you feel better.
– When you are in your period you should try to avoid vigorous workouts and exercising. You can go for long walks or take this time to do some upper body work.
– Personal cleanliness is very important during your monthly cycle and this is the reason why you should pay utmost attention to it. Daily baths and showers will help you remain clean and keep odor away. You should also wash yourself with warm water and a mild soap to clean the area and prevent infections.
– There are now special panties available that can make your period more comfortable. These special panties are designed to make it easier and more comfortable to use pads or tampons, are more resistant to moisture and leaks and are more breathable.
– Some women swear by a device called the “Diva Cup”, which is a cup that is inserted to catch the blood and is emptied each time you go to the bathroom. The “Diva Cup” eliminates the need for tampons and pads and is re-usable.